Senior Geologist Modeler---Phoenix, USA
Responsibilities: Integrate and interpret all geological and mineralogical data into internally consistent three-dimensional solids, surface geology maps, cross sections and level plans. Work with a team of geologists in the completion of geological block models that meet corporate modeling standards. Perform statistical and geostatistical evaluations of drill-hole data. Perform grade interpolation utilizing various geostatistical techniques. Develop coding methodology including re-logging and manage the entry of geological (rock type, alteration, structure, ore types), assay and mineralogical data into database. Prepare, update and manage drill hole databases for resource models. Routinely validates database accuracy. Work with and provides support to the Resource Audit Team in their audits of resource models of all international CMOC mines. Deliver guidance on planning models and reconciliation, including working with mine and exploration geologists at international CMOC mine sites.
Rate of Pay: $100,000 per year
Minimum Requirements: Master’s Degree in Geology or closely related discipline, or foreign equivalent and a of five (5) years of experience and in the job offered or in a closely related position. Alternatively, will accept a Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or closely related discipline or foreign equivalent and seven (7) years of experience in the job offered or in a closely related position.
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience would be acceptable.
Special Requirements: Experience must include:
· Five (5) years of comprehension of principles & methods used in complex geological analyses;
· Five (5) years of researching and analyzing geological and engineering, information of considerable difficulty to draw valid conclusions;
· Four (4) years of experience using mining software package such as MineSight 3D or Datamine and modelling software such as Geologic or Leapfrog, for interpretation of geological/mineralogical features and grade interpolation for resource block models;
· Four (4) years of experience using geologic modeling and grade-estimation software packages other than MineSight such as Datamine, Leapfrog, Vulcan or Geovariances;
· Three (3) years of niobium and/or phosphate models;
· Three (3) years of practical application of resource estimation, geology modeling and Geostatistics; and
· Three (3) years of hands-on mining geology experience
*Requires up to 25% international travel
*Proof of authorization to work in U.S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.
Contact: Qualified applicants email resumes to email@example.com (include job title).